The Cock Inn is one of the oldest Inns in England, built about 1250 AD.
It witnessed the preparation and aftermath of the Battle of Bosworth 1485 AD. The death of Richard III and start of the Tudor rein.
In 1735 AD, the notorious highwayman Dick Turpin would return here after working the Watling Street, taking refuge in the bar chimney and stabling the horse in the cellar when pursuit was close at hand.
The lawn at the rear was the site of a Cockpit as recently as 1870.
The Inn was owned by the Church with a six day license, was sold in 1935 and a seven day license was granted in 1954.
Existing stabling was in 1960 converted into the Stable Grill Dining Room, and is available fo lunch, evening a la carte meals, small functions and wedding receptions.